Sanitation Districts of Los Angeles County
Civil/Environmental Engineering Undergraduate Fellowships
The program provides fellowships of $2,000 to $5,000 per year for two to five undergraduate students at each participating university (program flyer). The seven Los Angeles County universities that have ABET accredited Civil/Environmental Engineering Programs and are eligible to participate are:
Cal Poly Pomona
Cal State Los Angeles
Cal State Long Beach
Cal State Northridge
Loyola Marymount University
Application process: Interested students, who will be attending one of the universities listed above during academic year 2019-2020, should fill out the online application below. The Sanitation Districts will forward completed applications to the designated universities, each of whom have a selection committee that will award the fellowships. Students that are considering a career in Civil/Environmental Engineering will be evaluated by university specific criteria, but the following general criteria will be considered:
Funds will be distributed when students demonstrate full-time enrollment and good academic standing.
The Sanitation Districts may contact fellowship applicants for purposes such as mentoring, providing information about job opportunities, and inviting students to tours and other professional events. To receive Sanitation Districts' updates (e.g. job application deadlines, engineering project summaries) and other information that may be of interest to engineering students, students may join our student LinkedIn group.
Application due on April 15, 2019
(Please note that USC Students must submit their application by March 4, 2019)
Sanitation Districts of Los Angeles County Civil/Environmental Engineering Undergraduate Fellowships
1. Please fill out your information
* indicates a required field
Major (If applicable)
High School / University
Expected Graduation Date
3. Please select all universities that you are considering attending for the 2019-2020 academic year:
4. Relevant work experience:
Name of Employer
Address & Phone
5. Other activities (associations, awards, interests, etc.):
7. Please list at least two references including name, address, telephone and email:*
8. Can you submit proof of your United States citizenship or other legal right to attend school and work in the United States? *
9. How and when did you hear about this Fellowship?*
10. Please describe in no more than 500 words, how the Sanitation Districts promote environmental sustainability in our community.
Please save/print a copy of your confirmation page after submitting your application, and email Robyn Beach (email@example.com) to confirm that your application was received.